Choosing the Right Bondsmen
Protect yourself and your family by following a few simple consumer tips when looking for Indiana bail bonds services:
- Be sure that you only contract with a Indiana licensed bail agent. Many bail bond agencies are from outside of Indiana. Feel free to ask to see the bail agent’s license and identification prior to any bail bond transaction.
- Be sure that the bail agent charges you only legal rates. The premium charged for a bail bond in Indiana is always 10% of the full bail amount. Any additional charges should be itemized and explained because you are paying more than the standard amount. Be sure you are given receipts for all charges.
- Be sure that you are given copies of all signed contracts and agreements. Our contract and bail bond forms are available for your review at any time.
- Read the contract. Have the agent explain items that you don’t understand.
- Trust your gut. Unfortunately, the bail bond industry has some unscrupulous individuals. If something does not seem right, perhaps you should back-off and get some advice.
Click here to return to previous page.